Saturday, October 10, 2009

Man delivers baby, thanks to YouTube

By R.S.N. MURALI


KUALA TERENGGANU: A man, forced to be midwife for his wife in the car, safely delivered their baby – thanks to tips from Youtube.

The relieved wife, Siti Norhayati Hambadely, 29, said she was thankful her 50-year-old husband cared enough to scroll through the Net for information and visual tips on child delivery several months prior to the delivery.

“He just wanted to get ready in case of an emergency,” said Siti Norhayati, when met at the house in Panji Alam yesterday.

“I am now thinking of naming my daughter Nissan Sunny as she was born inside our old faithful,” she said in jest.

The safe birth of their youngest child had been a happy ending after a traumatic experience.

The young mother was forced to deliver her baby inside a car after a clinic staff allegedly refused to help.

Siti Norhayati was rushed to a nearby private clinic by the husband Amrun Mamat, when she complained of labour pains at about 12.50pm in their home.

Upon arriving, there was no doctor at the clinic. The couple claimed a nurse had refused to attend to Siti Norhayati and had turned them away.

In the midst of it all, she felt labour pains. Amrun saw her in pain and rushed to her side.

“I knew I was about to deliver and my husband had no choice but be the midwife, as the nurse was not helpful,” she said.

She said her three children, ages between seven and two years, were in the car when her husband managed to safely deliver their baby girl weighing 3.1kg.

“Despite in pain, I had to hold my newborn as my husband drove me to a private hospital to seek medical attention,” she said.

0 Comments: