Sunday, August 9, 2009

Paula Abdul Announces She's Leaving American Idol On Twitter


Source:
www.GutterUncensored.com

Paula Abdul announced on her Twitter late yesterday that she will not be returning for the 9th season of American Idol. Paula wanted about $20 million to stay with American Idol. Unable to come to terms Paula rejected a 30% raise offer which would have resulted in an eight-figure multi-year deal. She wanted an increase in her pay from about $10-12 million to a cool $20 million but that was a no go. After weeks of speculation, Paula Abdul finally made the announcement of her departure from the best thing ever happened to her. I wonder where she is going to go to make $15 million next year. In the column of biggest life mistakes, she posted on her Twitter:

With sadness in my heart, I’ve decided not to return to IDOL. I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all . . . I’ll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon . . . What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me . . . It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month . . . I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all.
Fox released a statement which confirmed Paula's departure:
"Paula Abdul has been an important part of the American Idol family over the last eight seasons and we are saddened that she has decided not to return to the show. While Paula will not be continuing with us, she's a tremendous talent and we wish her the best."








0 Comments: